There are a few important steps before you start worrying about interview preparation
- Where do I find jobs?
- How do I target jobs?
Many jobs are hidden. In fact, they say 2/3 of jobs are never advertised. This means you won’t see them advertised on job sites or with recruitment agencies
So, how do you access these hidden jobs? BE PROACTIVE!!
Networking is key!!
Below is a short post from my e-book “Laughing all the way to your next job”. I take a fun approach to a serious issue – job hunting. I outline some of the critical mistakes job seekers make when they try to network
My networking is NOT-WORKING….
I much prefer screen gazing and arse scratching
But, when I do try, I fail because ….
- I’m self-obsessed, a real ‘me feiner’
- I chase strangers, ignoring my friends
- I’m a serial ‘conversation’ killer, asking ‘NO-NO’ questions
- I suffer from paralysis by analysis re: my elevator pitch
- My head is stuck in the ‘cloud’, ignoring the real world
- I’m forgettable, unable to stay on the radar
- I make an ASS out of U and ME, assuming people can’t help
Don’t be Like me!!
Need help with interview coaching? Contact Us
Need help with CV writing? Contact Us